Terms & Conditions
- The terms and conditions of Royal Brothers (Company) are the policies that govern the relationship between the Company and the User. These terms and conditions (as amended from time to time including all Schedules and Annexures hereto) shall constitute a legally valid and binding contract under the Applicable Laws and the use of any product Services either through Royal Brothers’ Website or Application (hereinafter referred to as App”) by the User shall be deemed to be an acceptance of all the terms and conditions set forth herein. Users are advised to read these terms and conditions carefully before using/registering on the Website/ App or availing Services through the same. Royal Brothers reserves the right to alter/modify/change these terms and conditions in its sole discretion, from time to time, with or without prior notice to the User. Notice of any changes shall be made by Royal Brothers, promptly and communicated/brought to the attention of the User in such manner as it deems fit.
1. Registration Process
- Every User will have to complete registration formalities as a User either through the Website/ App of Royal Brothers. The user needs to fulfill the necessary documentation provided under ANNEXURE B for Satisfying the eligibility criteria required to become a User. Acceptance of the registration is subject to approval by Royal Brothers at its sole discretion.
- Royal Brothers reserves the right to examine and verify the authenticity of the documentation provided by the Users.
- The Users acknowledge that the registered mobile number provided during the registration shall be used for making requests for services and receiving all communications from the Company.
- The User will be responsible for any action taken in pursuance of the instruction received from/sent by User mobile shall be of User and deemed to have emanated from /confirmed by the User.
2. Payment process
- The booking amount has to be paid online while making the booking on our website or App. The user has to pay the prescribed amount to avail Royal Brothers’ service and the amount can be changed as per Royal Brothers’ discretion. In case of any extension required, the user will have to pay the additional amount through our website or App subject to availability.
- You can use any of the options below for the payment not limited to the below mentioned :
- Debit Card
- Credit Card.
- The Payment Gateway and other transactional charges will be governed by the Government and the rules defined by the competent authorities.
- Vouchers - Any voucher issued by the company will be exclusive of taxes however the tax amount will be adjusted in the next booking automatically.
- A fee of Rs.1000 along with 3X of the rental charges per hour will be charged for vehicles being returned after the grace period of 30 mins.
- Condition applicable for Konark, Surat, Davanagere, Calicut, Bangalore Airport, Gurugram, Tirupati, Belagavi, Alleppey , Wayanad, Hubli-Dharwad, Udupi - manipal, Mangalore, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Guntur, Cochin, Coorg - Kushalnagar, Trivandrum, Bhubaneswar, Jaipur, Vizag, Hyderabad, Vijayawada, Chikmagalur, Mysore, Coorg - Madikeri
- A fee of Rs 200 apart from the rental charges per hour will be charged for vehicles being returned after the grace period of 30 mins.
- For Domestic Users
- The following documents will be needed to rent a vehicle and same needs to be uploaded and verified on our Website/App :
- • Driving License: Original Indian Driving license is required and a learner license is not applicable.
- • Aadhar Card: Original Aadhar is required, and if your mobile number updated in Aadhar is not as your registered number then upload an additional document (PAN or Passport)
- For International Users
- The following documents will be needed to rent a vehicle and same needs to be uploaded and verified on our Website/App :
- • Driving License: A valid driving license from their home country along with an international driving permit is necessary.
- • Valid visa and Passport.
- The user should carry their original documents at the time of the pickup which were uploaded on the website/App for verification.
- If a user is unable to verify their identity then Royal Brothers reserve the right to deny the service and cancel the booking with the 37.5% cancellation charges as per the policy.
*Note:- Learner’s license is not applicable for renting a vehicle with us.
5. Use of Vehicle
- The bookings have to be made by the User for their own usage and not for or on behalf of any other user. The User will be solely responsible for the usage of the vehicle and the User will be at all times responsible for the vehicle under their possession during the duration of rental. During the rental period, any breach of the terms and conditions will result in action against the User for material breach of this agreement. The company does not guarantee the availability of any vehicle at any given time however the Company promises to look after the best interest of the User. The user has to follow the under mentioned terms and conditions :
- These scooters and motorcycles we rent are large, heavyweight and powerful and need to be handled with care. In case the rider/user is a beginner, they have to be extra careful in handling the vehicle.
- User/Rider Age :
- Between 18 - 20 :
Will be allowed to ride any of our vehicles below 200cc, except the Yamaha R15.
- 21 and Above :
Will be allowed to ride any of our vehicles, including superbikes.
- The rider must always wear a helmet while riding. Must have appropriate riding gear, i.e... Boots or closed-toe shoes, pants & eyewear. No flip-flops, sandals, or shorts allowed.
- The rider has to check the availability of the vehicle for booking as well as extension and the booking or the extension will be served only in case of availability.
- Only the User/rider is permitted to drive the vehicle.
- The rider has to pick up the vehicle or drop off the vehicle at Royal Brothers’ designated parking locations unless specifically requested and paid for a home delivery.
- Home delivery requests are subject to availability of resources and are at the discretion of the company.
- The user/rider is responsible for inspection of the vehicle at the pickup location and is expected to inform the executive immediately in case of any damages, malfunctions, missing parts etc.
- All our vehicles are insured however in case required, the user/rider can opt for a separate insurance for themselves; Lessor will not be responsible for any accidental expenses of the Rider.
- The user/rider shall use the bike entirely at their own risk and agrees that the lessor will not accept any responsibility or be held accountable for any loss, injury or death as a result of, or leading from the hire of any of the vehicles.
- The two wheeler will be the responsibility of the user from the time of the pick up till return. During the course of the rental, any events occurring with the vehicle or the user will be the sole responsibility of the user/rider.
- The bike shall be returned back to the lessor in the same condition in which it was handed over to the user/rider.
- In case the vehicle returned is found excessively dirty/muddy, the user/rider will have to bear the charge of washing not exceeding 200 Rupees.
- Rental package does not include Fuel, Toll, roadside assistance and Taxes
- User/Rider is responsible for any traffic violations incurred due to your use of a rented vehicle. The company is not liable for any costs from any such violation. Users must report such violations to a Lessor’s Representative as soon as possible.
- Towing service will be borne by the customer in case of an unlikely event of tire puncture or collision or breakdown due to improper usage. In the event of mechanical or technical failure, we will take care of towing the bike at our own cost.
- All our bikes have GPS tracking devices; we recommend that the user follow speed guidelines – our team gets automated updates on the bikes that exceed speed limits and can penalize the user for rash driving up to 500 rupees per instance.
- In case the user has left any belongings, the company will try its best to return the same to the user however the company cannot be held responsible for the loss of any items due to the negligence of the user.
- In the case of EV vehicles, the company will be providing a charger along with the vehicle, however it's the user's responsibility to charge the vehicle according to the guidelines.
6. Prohibited Uses
- The use of a Lessor’s vehicle under the following conditions is prohibited:
- The user agrees to use the vehicle for personal use only.
- The user will not carry load or passenger more than the prescribed limit by the authorities.
- Our motorcycles(Vehicles) cannot be used for rallies and rally surcharges or any format of professional or amateur competitions or for performing stunts.
- By any person who is under the influence of (i) alcohol or (ii) any drug or medication under the effects of which the operation of a vehicle is prohibited or not recommended.
- In carrying out any crime or any other illegal activity as deemed illegal by the LAW.
- The user is not allowed to make any modifications, internal or external to the motorcycle. Any additional fittings on the vehicle will lead to prohibition of the user from usage of the motorcycle any further.
- Minors will not be provided with any vehicle from Royal Brothers and the same is expected from the users. The company will not be responsible in case the vehicle is shared with a minor.
- Any sharp objects, weapons or illegal substances are prohibited from being carried on any Royal Brothers vehicle.
7. Delivery process
- We will connect with the user to schedule the delivery of the vehicle. We request that the customer be present at the agreed date and time to receive the vehicle at the decided location. User/Rider should do a test ride of the bike before they accept the vehicle from the Lessor.
- The Delivered vehicles cannot be rejected after handover.
- User/Rider can request for exchange of the vehicle if not satisfied with the vehicle condition. Though we do quality checks at our end before delivery, the user/rider is expected to see if there are any damages and report the same to the representative of the lessor and photos shall be captured of the same.
- Delivery is subject to availability and payment of the requested charges.
7.1 Right to refuse the service
- The company holds the right of refusal to any client not deemed fit to be served by the company or its authorized staff.
- Without prejudice to its rights, claims and contentions under the law and equity, Royal Brothers reserves the right to terminate/suspend the Users’ registration and/or withdraw Services rendered to the User and/or levy a penalty, in the event Users indulge in using/operating the Vehicles in a manner prohibited by Royal Brothers.
8. Handover process
- User/Rider has to inform us 2 hrs in advance before the end of the Contract Period.
- The pick-up date and time will be mutually decided by the user and us. The drop–off location will be the same as the pick-up location.
- User has to be present at the agreed date and time. The vehicle will be checked for any damages.
9. Damage policy
- The User/Rider agrees to pay for any damage to, loss of, or any theft (disappearance) of parts of the vehicle, regardless of cause or fault. Items damaged beyond repair will be paid for at their Market Price.
The representative shall check the bike and its parts in order to ascertain any damage to items. Damage shall be defined as follows:
In case of an accident or collision, the users are accountable to pay a standard amount towards the accident insurance not exceeding Rs. 15,000(which may vary depending on the severity of the damage). The members are bound to pay for the repairs incurred due to damages caused by the collision/accident.Any charges exceeding Rs. 15,000 will be claimed from the insurance.The above point is not valid for vehicles exceeding 200cc. In such cases, the actual repair amount must be borne by the rides/user. The insurance will only be claimed if the loss is exceeding 25% of the bike value.In the event of a collision, either due to the fault of the rider themself or due to any other unavoidable instance, the costs involved in towing or confiscation of Royal Brothers bikes are to be borne by the members alone.Inactive hours during the repair period shall be charged to the user at 50% of the per-day rental amount.
2.1.Any damage which existed prior to the handover of the vehicle and was agreed between the user and lessor will not be chargeable to the user.
2.2.Tear in the seat cover will result in a charge towards a replacement of the seat cover. Opening up a stitched joint will not be chargeable.
2.3.Any variation showing damages, if ascertained as not caused by normal wear and tear, would be charged and would have to be borne by the user.
10. Fuel Policy
- Fuel is not included in the rental amount, we provide sufficient fuel to reach the nearest fuel station. We will not be providing a refund in case extra fuel is leftover at the time of returning the vehicle.
11. Process (communication)
- Royal Brothers may send booking confirmation, itinerary information, cancellation, payment confirmation, refund status, schedule change, or any such other information relevant for the transaction, via SMS/other messages or by voice call on the contact number given by the User at the time of booking; Royal Brothers may also contact the User by voice call, whether these numbers are registered with National Do Not Call Registry/ listed in National Customer Preference Register or not, SMS/other messages or email in case the User couldn't or hasn't concluded the booking, for any reason whatsoever or to know the preference of the User for concluding the booking and also to help the User for the booking. The User hereby unconditionally consents that such communications via SMS/other messages and/ or voice call by Royal Brothers is
- upon the request and authorization of the User,
- 'transactional' and not an 'unsolicited commercial communication' under Telecom Commercial Communication Customer Preference (TRAI) Regulations, 2010 or such other applicable regulations including any amendment thereof, as may be applicable from time to time.
- in compliance with the relevant guidelines of TRAI or such other authority in India and abroad. The User will indemnify Royal Brothers against all types of losses and damages incurred by Royal Brothers due to any action taken by TRAI, Access Providers (as per TRAI regulations) or any other authority due to any erroneous complaint made by the User against Royal Brothers with respect to the intimations mentioned above or on account of any wrong number or email id provided by the User for any reason whatsoever.
- The user is liable for checking engine oils during a trip and maintaining the vehicle while on road. Any mechanical failures should be reported immediately. Customers may be held responsible in case of a mechanical failure resulting due to negligence of the normal maintenance while on the trip.
13. Cancellation policy as below:
- No show - 100% deduction and only security deposit will be refunded
- Between 0 - 6 hrs of the pick up time - 75% rental charges will be withheld and security deposit will be refunded.
- Between 6-24 hrs of the pick up time: 50% rental charges will be withheld.
- Between 24-72 hrs of the pick up time: 25% rental charges will be withheld.
- 72 hrs or more prior to the pick up time: 10% rental charges will be withheld.
Long term booking related
The deposit will be refunded, however, deduction on the monthly rental amount will be applicable as mentioned below.
- Before the start of the rental period – 10% of the first month’s rent.
- During the rental period – Half month’s rent.
Cancellation due to document issue:
37.5% of the rental amount will be deducted, if:
- Customer is not willing to submit the document as per the terms and conditions.
- Customer is not able to verify his/her identity.
- Customer documents are not valid.
14. Extra charges such as the following will be applicable -
- Helmet : If a user chooses an extra helmet on the spot, it will be billed additionally on the spot.
- Excess Km : The excess km charges will be calculated at the time of drop off and the user will be required to pay the same at the location.
- Damages : Damages will be inspected at the drop-off time and the charges will be collected on the spot as per the damage terms and conditions.
- Security Deposit - We have a refundable security deposit for certain vehicles. The refund of the security deposit usually takes 3-7 working days to reflect in the source account from the date of invoice after the trip has ended.
- Any other refunds - Any refund processed by the company usually takes 3-7 working days.
- The bikes have to be ridden within permissible limits. The speed limit for each vehicle is different which will be communicated in the booking confirmation email after the booking is made. You have to be under the speed limit specified for the vehicle or the speed limit specified by the governing authority, whichever is lesser.
- After 3 consecutive violations of the speed limit, the further violation will be charged Rs 200 for each instance.
17. Exceeding km limit per booking
- Extra charge is applicable if the km limit is exceeded by the user. Each vehicle has a different charge per km. Which is reflected in the booking summary page. The final amount will be conveyed to the customer at the time of returning the vehicle by our fleet executive, depending on the extra km used.
18. Process to Rent Helmet.
- 1 complementary helmet is provided without any charge.
- Extra helmets can be added while making the booking. You will get an option on the summary page to select the quantity of the helmet.
- Customers can rent only 2 helmets per booking.
- An additional helmet will be charged as per the rates prescribed by the company.
- If the helmet is damaged or lost, a charge of Rs. 900 will be levied since branded helmets will be provided to the user.
19. Use of Information
- The users first name and booking details may be used for showing booking popups to other users on our homepage. No other personally identifiable information will be shown.
20. Assumption of risk
- FOR OPERATORS AND PASSENGERS OF VEHICLES (INCLUDING PROTOTYPE VEHICLES) OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY Royalbison Autorentals India Pvt Ltd. OPERATING UNDER THE ROYAL BROTHERS brand name.
- The rider has been given the opportunity to operate ride upon or otherwise use one or more motorcycles or other vehicles owned or controlled by Royalbison Autorentals India Pvt Ltd, OPERATING UNDER THE ROYAL BROTHERS BRAND.; (collectively, the “Company”; each such company owned or controlled vehicle is referred to herein as a “C.O.C.V.”),
- The rider fully understands and acknowledges that operating or riding on a vehicle is an activity that has its own unique, inherent risks, and that serious injury or death could result from operating or riding on a C.O.C.V. through no fault of their own. The rider (lessee) is voluntarily choosing to operate and/or ride upon C.O.C.V.s.
- By accepting the terms and conditions, THE RIDER EXPRESSLY AGREE TO ASSUME THE ENTIRE RISK OF ANY ACCIDENTS, PROPERTY DAMAGE OR PERSONAL INJURY, INCLUDING PERMANENT DISABILITY, PARALYSIS AND DEATH, THAT THEY MIGHT SUFFER AS A RESULT OF THEM OPERATING OR RIDING ON A C.O.C.V.
- Without limiting the foregoing, THE RIDER ASSUME ALL RISKS ARISING FROM THE FOLLOWING:
- the condition or safety of the C.O.C.V.s, any other vehicles or equipment, or any roadways, premises or property
- the repair or maintenance, or lack thereof, of the C.O.C.V.s or any other vehicles or equipment
- the use of, or failure to use, any safety devices or safeguards
- the conditions, qualifications, instructions, rules or procedures under which any C.O.C.V is used
- the violation by the user or by other operators or passengers of any C.O.C.V. User Eligibility or Program Rules
- any defective or unreasonably dangerous products, components or C.O.C.V.s
- the weather conditions during operation of any C.O.C.V.s and
- single and/or multi-vehicle accidents.
- The rider(lessee) acknowledges that some or all of the C.O.C.V.s that the user is allowed to operate, ride upon or otherwise use may be prototypes or pre-production models. It’s understood that prototype and pre-production C.O.C.V.s are not manufactured for general consumer use and are not fully tested. Also, understood point is that there is increased risk involved in operating or riding upon prototype or pre-production C.O.C.V.s, and THE RIDER(LESSEE) AGREE TO ASSUME THAT RISK.
- The rider at the time of booking and riding declares not to be under the influence of alcohol, drugs, other illegal substances, or any medications that may impair their judgment or their ability to operate or ride on a C.O.C.V. The rider agrees that they will not operate or ride on any C.O.C.V. while under the influence of alcohol, drugs, other illegal substances or any such medications.
- The rider agrees that they will not operate or ride upon any C.O.C.V. unless they have first examined and satisfied themselves, that the C.O.C.V. is in good operating condition, and that they fully understand how to operate and ride on that C.O.C.V.
- The rider agrees to operate or ride on each C.O.C.V. safely, defensively and within the limits of the law and own abilities. The rider(lessee) agrees to comply with all C.O.C.V. user eligibility and program rules.
- The rider also agrees to allow the company and their respective dealers to contact them at the address, telephone number and e-mail address provided below and gather additional information about the C.O.C.V.s and/or additional information about other goods and services in which one may be interested.
21. Waiver and release of liability
- FOR OPERATORS AND PASSENGERS OF VEHICLES (INCLUDING PROTOTYPE VEHICLES) OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY ROYAlBISON AUTORENTALS INDIA PVT LTD, OPERATING UNDER THE ROYAL BROTHERS BRAND.
- The rider(Lessee) on behalf of all heirs, personal representatives, administrators, executors, successors and assigns (collectively, “Heirs and Assigns”), for and in considerations of the permission granted to them to operate, ride upon or otherwise use one or more motorcycles or other vehicles owned or controlled by Royalbison Autorentals India Pvt. Ltd., operating under the Royal Brothers brand (collectively, the “Company”; each such company owned or controlled vehicle is referred to herein as a “C.O.C.V.”), and for other valuable considerations, the receipt and adequacy of which are hereby acknowledged, RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE the Company and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, dealers, distributors and agents (collective, the “Released Parties”), from ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS, RIGHTS AND CAUSES OF ACTION (Collectively, “Claims”) OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER THAT THE RIDER OR ANY OF THEIR HEIRS AND ASSIGNS NOW HAVE OR LATER MAY HAVE AGAINST ANY RELEASED PARTY RESULTING FROM, CONNECTED WITH OR ARISING OUT OF THE USER’S OPERATION OF OR RIDING ON ANY C.O.C.V., REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH CLAIMS RELATE TO THE DESIGN, MANUFACTURE, REPAIR, OPERATION OR MAINTENANCE OF ANY C.O.C.V. OR THE CONDITIONS, RULES, QUALIFICATIONS, INSTRUCTIONS OR PROCEDURES UNDER WHICH ANY C.O.C.V. IS USED, OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OR MATTER.
- The rider(Lessee) acknowledges and understands that this Release EXTENDS TO AND RELEASES AND DISCHARGES ANY AND ALL CLAIMS they or any Heirs and Assigns have or later may have against the Released Parties resulting from or arising out of my operation or of riding on C.O.C.V.s including without limitation all such Claims resulting from the NEGLIGENCE of any Released Party, or arising from STRICT PRODUCT LIABILITY, or resulting from any BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY by any Released Party, and regardless of whether such Claims now exist or hereafter arise or are known or unknown, contingent or absolute, liquidated or unliquidated or foreseen or unforeseen, or arise by operation of law or otherwise.
- The rider(Lessee) acknowledges and understands that by agreeing to this Release they and their Heirs and Assigns AGREE NOT TO USE any or all of the Released Parties for any injury, death or damage to myself, my property, any other person or such other person’s property resulting from or arising out of my operation of or riding on any C.O.C.V.s
- The rider(Lessee) acknowledge that they have been advised of and agree to waive on their behalf and on behalf of their Heirs and Assigns, and fully understand the effect of such waiver, all benefits flowing from any state statute that would otherwise limit the scope of this release, which provides: “A general release does not extend to claims which[a person] does not know or suspect to exist in their favour at the time of executing the release, which if known by them must have materially affected their settlement with the released parties”.
- The rider confirms that this release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law. The extent and the scope of this Release is unenforceable in any jurisdiction, said scope will, as to such jurisdiction only, be automatically limited to the extent necessary to make this Release enforceable in such jurisdiction, without invalidating any other person of this Release. The rider hereby waives any right to bargain for different release or waiver of liability terms.
- BY AGREEING TO THIS RELEASE, THE RIDER CERTIFIES THAT THEY HAVE READ THIS RELEASE AND FULLY UNDERSTAND IT AND NOT RELYING ON ANY STATEMENTS OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, AND HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY AND SUFFICIENT TIME TO READ AND ASK QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS RELEASE.